As mothers of young children your days may feel chaotic, unproductive, and unbalanced. Your once booming social life or quiet home life now consists of play dates, kid songs, and an abundance of toys and baby gear taking over every room in your house. Discovering the balance in our everyday roles as mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, professionals, and friends can be an ongoing challenge.
In this class, for you and your little baby, second time mothers will have an opportunity to ease their transition through honest sharing and exploration. The class gives second time mothers a chance to raise concerns and look at issues in a safe space. Together, we will approach each topic and developmental stages from a mindful parenting perspective, which is essentially a slowed-down, less reactive, more intentional and reflective process. Some of the topics addressed will be:
- Helping your first child adjust to the new sibling
- Sharing practical information to help families raising more than one child
- Find new ways to improve your time management skills
- Make time for yourself and your relationship/partner
- Develop practical strategies for balancing work and home life
- Learn to feel good about yourself and your body
- Meet other second time moms in neighborhood!
- Spend special time with your new baby
- Explore ways to nurture the relationship between your children
- Review what you may have forgotten about baby care, sleep, food etc.
- Living in the age of technology
- Developmental Play
LOCATION: Bini Birth, 13743 Riverside Drive, Sherman Oaks, CA
DATE & TIME: Mondays from 9:30-11:00, 1st 8 week session Nov 27 – Jan 29 (no class 12/25, 1/1)
COST: $320 for 8 classes (discounted cost for session 1 – $280)
ABOUT THE GROUP INSTRUCTOR:
Lindsay Anderson, LCSW, SEP is a licensed clinical social worker who has worked in a variety of. settings including pediatric transplant services, foster care, and the Child and Family Study Center in the Department of Psychiatry at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. Lindsay has been in private practice for 15 years. In her private practice, she specializes in early developmental trauma,, Somatic Experiencing, EMDR, mindfulness, post partum issues, individual therapy and family therapy. Lindsay has been leading mommy and me groups and parenting discussion groups for many years. She has 2 young children of her own. Lindsay is passionate about her work and looks forward to joining families on their parenting journeys. For further inquiries, please visit Lindsay’s website: lindsayandersonlcsw.com